Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Pressure Cooker: One Pot Pasta

I sift through many, many recipes before trying any of them. Finally tried One-Pot Pasta. It was a hit. I see why people do lasagna pie in the pressure cooker. Still need to buy a pan for that to keep it together.

One Pot Pasta
Prep Time: 10 min      Cook Time: 6 min (Long time to get to pressure)
Ingredients: 
1 lb ground beef (or other meat, even veggies like mushrooms/tomatoes)
1 onion (diced or chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 box pasta
1 jar pasta sauce
1 jar water

Directions: 
Turn on your electric pressure cooker. Hit 'Saute' button to brown the ground beef. Add the onions. Then the garlic (for a min). Press 'Cancel'

Pour in dry pasta (any kind); I used a bigger macaroni. Pour in jar of pasta sauce. Fill the same jar with water to add. This eliminates washing a measuring cup!

Stir to mix ingredients. Close/Lock the lid. Make sure your knob is on 'Seal'. Then I was set.

When you are ready (I waited for my husband to get home), hit 'Manual' (high pressure) for half the time it takes to cook pasta. Mine said 10-12 min. I set it for 6 minutes.

It did take 20+ minutes to make it to high pressure because of the amount of liquid. After 6 minutes of high pressure, hit 'keep warm/cancel' so that you don't keep cooking it. When I turned the knob to 'vent', there was no pressure since I had it on keep warm.


Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment