Friday, March 31, 2017

Pressure Cooker: BBQ Baby Back Ribs

I made baby back ribs in my Instant Pot pressure cooker. It wasn't as fast as I thought it would be since it was BBQ Baby Back Ribs that needed NPR (Natural Pressure Release).

This is how much time it took:
13 min - to get IP to reach high pressure
25 min - IP manual high pressure
25 min - NPR
15 min - oven to finish

The result was good but not nearly as tasty as my usual oven low and slow 3 hr version.

Pressure Cooker BBQ Baby Back Ribs (3 lbs) 
Generously sprinkle rub (or just season with salt/pepper). Pour one cup cold water into the pot. Place the trivet in. Ribs go in. Make sure IP valve is on "sealing". Close and set it on Manual High Pressure for 25 minutes.



Natural pressure release as I have read that you don't want to do a quick release with meat. This takes about 25 minutes. Then take the ribs out to transfer to a baking dish. Brush ribs with BBQ sauce. Finish in the oven at 450F for 15 min. (*Note: Butcher cut it the wrong way..duh. That is why the pieces are small.)



1.5 hr versus 3 hr. I think I would still do "slow and low" in the oven. Will have to try different recipes that don't to finish in the oven. Or maybe 10 min NPR is okay too? Going to experiment again..

No comments:

Post a Comment