Tuesday, February 4, 2014

BEST RIBS EVER (Made AT HOME!!!) - Dry Rub Included

BEST RIBS EVER!!! 
Make it at home today.

 
Up to this day, I never attempted to make baby back ribs.  Searched high and low for a dry rub. When I asked friends which dry rub they used, the response was the grocery store bought ones. After poking around recipe land, I found just what I was looking for...

This dry rub utilizes spices that many home cooks have on hand. That's why I love it.

Dry Rub for Meat
Prep Time: 5 minutes 

Ingredients:
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp red pepper (cayenne) - you may omit this if you don't want it to be spicy

Directions:
Stir together and you've created a mix that will make your meats even more delicious!

I ended up making another batch so that I could have a small jar for whenever I need it.



**************************************************************************

BEST RIBS EVER!!! 

I'm not exaggerating/kidding when I say that I HAD THE BEST RIBS EVER AT HOME!!!  Yes, Yes, IT'S TRUE.

I cook dinner for two. You can increase the pounds of ribs to your liking.

Best Ribs Ever (at Home)
Prep Time: 5 min      Bake Time: 3 hr
Marinate: 3 hr (Dry Rub in Refrigerator)
Ingredients:
1 lb pork ribs
dry rub (see above)
1/4 - 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I put a splash of whiskey in the bbq sauce...heheh)

Directions: 
Put dry rub all over the pork ribs one side at a time. Cover with plastic wrap and place it back into the refrigerator. The flavors will seep in more the longer you wait. This can be done overnight (but mine turned out fine after three hours).

Preheat oven to 300F. Place the ribs in a pan with the meat side down. Cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 2.5 hours.

Carefully take out the hot pan and uncover. Slather on the BBQ sauce generously on both sides of the ribs. Now bake with the meat side up. Cover with the foil again.

Bake for another half hour with the BBQ sauce.

Remove from the oven. Smell the aroma of meat and BBQ sauce. Then prepare yourself for RIB HEAVEN!!! WOW... Moist and juicy...finger licking good. I really should have taken a photo after I cut into the ribs so that you could witness the juiciness but I couldn't wait to taste heaven!!!

Ahh...as I am writing about it, I wish I had more ribs next to me to consume. Mmm... Mmm...

Enjoy!!

*Update*
Since making this, I have used the dry rub on chicken and steak.
It's delicious on everything!! I'll have to use the dry rub on pork next time.
Mmm...

3 comments:

  1. how do you stop it from drying out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you put the dry rub on both sides, wrap it in saran wrap before placing it in the fridge for a couple hours.

    ReplyDelete