Sunday, February 9, 2014

Curried Crab Endive Boats

Many years ago, I was at an event with Gelson's (Grocery Store) catering. It was the first time I had ever consumed endive spear appetizers. They had put beef inside the spear. After that bite, I had to search for them for seconds and thirds. I've had these in the back of my mind. This recipe is with crabmeat, not beef.


With endive leaves, you can be creative with however you wish to float your boat. *pun intended*

Endives


Curried Crab Endive Appetizer
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:
2 heads endive
6 oz crabmeat (canned)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp scallions, chopped
3 tbsp red bell peppers, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Wash and separate the endive heads into individual leaves

Mix all the other ingredients in a bowls. Scoop a generous about into each endive leaf.
Done!



You can add whatever you want in your endive boats. I actually used the leftover endive to make a small pear endive salad for the next day. Just cut endives crosswise. then top with small pieces of pear. Drizzle with dressing of your choice (I used sesame viniagrette).





No comments:

Post a Comment