Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Easy (Easiest) Turkey Spaghetti Meatballs

My husband LOVES LOVES LOVES spaghetti and meatballs.  I usually use ground beef but thought that I should switch it up this time.

Didn't have all the ingredients in my other recipe on hand.  Decided to look for another recipe that fit my ingredients. It's really only mixing turkey, egg, and breadcrumbs; then spicing it up!!

Easy Turkey Meatballs
Prep Time: 15 min     Bake Time: 25 min
Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup breadcrumbs (I used Panko crumbs)
1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400F.

In a medium sized bowl, mix all the ingredients. In a 9x13 pan (or what I do is get 8x8 pan and a loaf pan instead), line them with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Use butter, oil, or nonstick spray on the foil. Either use your hands to form meatballs about 1.5 inches in diameter or an ice cream scoop to make them more uniform.

Bake for 25 minutes.

In a pot, prepare spaghetti. In a pan, heat up spaghetti sauce.

Grab a plate, place spaghetti with meatballs on top. Add as much sauce as you wish. 

Enjoy!! 

For the meatball leftovers, I made a meatball sub.



No comments:

Post a Comment