Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Grilled Cheese

Ages ago back in college during my freshman year, one of my floormates taught me how to make a grilled cheese sandwich.  Until then I did not even think about how I had never actually consumed one.  My discovery of this delicious, fast, and cheap meal is still one of the staples in my kitchen.  Simple grilled cheese sandwich consists of two slices of bread, a slice of cheese, and some butter. 

Over the years, my grilled cheese sandwich has evolved but it is still simple.  My version of the the classic tastes like the crunchy cheese bread that I used to eat as a kid at Sizzler’s Restaurants. 




Parmesan Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Prep Time: 5 minutes                    Cook Time: 6 minutes
Ingredients:
2 Slices of Bread (I prefer Wheat)
1 Slice of Cheese (I used Jalapeno Pepper Jack Cheese)
Some Butter
Parmesan Cheese (Grated)

Directions:
Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.  Sprinkle parmesan cheese onto the buttered bread using your fingers to gently pat the parmesan cheese to make sure it sticks to the bread.  Assemble the sandwich by placing a slice of the bread buttered side down.  Continue by placing the cheese on top.  Then put the slice of bread plain side down.  The buttered side of the slice of bread should be on the outside. 

Put a nonstick frying pan on the stove.  Place the sandwich in the pan on low to medium heat.  After about three minutes, a crispy layer should form.  Flip the sandwich so that the other buttered side is down. 




Tip:
If you have a panini press or a George Foreman Grill, you can substitute the pan for the press.  Once you press the sandwich between the two grill plates, both buttered sides of bread grill at the same time.  This will save you half the grilling time.

ENJOY!!!  =)

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious... can't wait to try it once I move back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what! I'm making this right as i type!

    ReplyDelete