Thursday, January 26, 2012

Brussels Sprout Salad

One evening at La Grande Orange Cafe in Pasadena, CA, we ordered their Brussels Sprout Salad.  There are very few recipes that I even think twice about replicating.  That is how much I adored this salad!  It quickly became one of my favorite salads of all time.  With a bit of searching, I found that LA Times had released the recipe.  Woo-hoo!! 

Culinary SOS
Courtesy of LA Times

Brussels sprout salad with mustard vinaigrette (Click on the link to LA Times FOOD)

***********************************************************************
I'm providing simpler instructions as to how I make my brussels sprout salad at home. 

Brussels sprout


Brussels sprout leaves


Brussels Sprouts Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes          Cook Time: 3 minutes
Serves: 2
Ingredients:
1 lb Brussels Sprouts
1/4 cup dried blueberries
1/4 cup walnut pieces
1 Tbsp light viniagrette salad dressing (of your choice)
*Note: This time, I used Goddess Dressing from Trader Joe's (a creamy, nutty, light dressing).

Directions:
Separate the leaves of the brussels sprouts.



In a pot of boiling water, throw in the brussels sprouts' leaves.  Blanching should take about three minutes.



Drain the leaves and put on ice to stop the brussels sprouts' leaves from cooking longer.

In a large bowl, toss the brussels sprouts' leaves, 1/4 cup of blueberries, 1/4 cup of walnuts, manchego cheese (*If desired* Usually, I do not not have it in my refrigerator.), and a light salad dressing of your choice.  

There you have it!!  Since my first time making this wonderful brussels sprouts salad with a crunchy texture, it's been a staple in my home.  Once you taste it, you'll know why. 


ENJOY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment