Saturday, October 13, 2012

Simple Brussels Sprouts

My favorite salad is my brussels sprout salad that I make every week or two. That salad uses the leaves. It is a waste to throw away the core when it's half of what you buy. I cook the middle. It is like buying small brussels sprouts.

My husband likes this simple preparation. On other occasions when I have made it fancier with different spices and such, this has been his preference. Makes my life easier too since it takes less time. *wink*

Simple Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time: 10 min      Cook Time 8 min
Ingredients:
brussels sprouts (halved)
some olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Cut the brussels sprouts in half. Put some olive oil in the pan. Place the halved sprouts flat side down.


Cook covered on medium heat for about five minutes.


Remove the lid, move the brussels sprouts around so that the other side gets some of the char too (about another three minutes). Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.


Simple. Tasty.

Enjoy!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment