Friday, June 22, 2012

Pineapple Water

There is nothing like having vacation dreams.. Last month, I was in Kauai and Oahu. If you go to the groceries stores there, pineapple and papayas are much cheaper than bananas and strawberries. When I saw a pineapple sale in HMart, I had to get in on the bargain.


Being back in Hawaii reminded me of how wonderful it was to have ice cold pineapple water in the lobby of the Sheraton Hotel. Every time I would walk by, I would drink a couple small cups to hydrate. Perfect alternative to the typical lemon water. Wonderful for summer!!

Pineapple Water
Ingredients:
Pineapple
Water
Ice (Optional)

Cut up pineapple. Use about one pineapple per gallon. Add water and ice (if desired). I usually don't add ice since I let it infuse in the refrigerator for an hour or two.

Refreshing!!

Notes:
You can do the same for many fruit and vegetables. Be creative!! Use what you love. =)

Here are some ideas:
Cucumber Water
Strawberry Water
Watermelon Water
Lemon Water

No comments:

Post a Comment