Monday, November 19, 2012

Fast Baked Potatoes

I love potatoes!! Whether they are mashed, scalloped, baked, roasted...you name it. But probably my favorite potato is the baked potato. I had childhood memories of going to Carl's Jr to get my broccoli and cheese potato. Don't think they have it anymore.

The problem with making baked potato is that it takes an hour in the oven! Found several recipes on how to make quick baked potatoes. It worked!!!

Quick Baked Potato
Prep Time: 5 min      Cook Time: 25 min
Ingredients:
Russett Potatoes (Mine were small)

Directions: 
Preheat the oven to 400F. Wash the potatoes. Poke some holes with a fork. Place them in the microwave oven for five minutes.

Place the potatoes on a baking sheet/pan. Bake them in the oven for twenty minutes. They are done!!! Yes, it really was that simple. Cut down the time from one hour to half an hour. Woo-hoo!!

With a knife, make an incision on the top so that the steam can escape. Add butter and other toppings desired.

Enjoy!!

*Note: I did this a second time. Before I put it into the microwave oven, I put some white truffle oil on the potato and sprinkled some sea salt. Love the aroma of white truffle oil!!

No comments:

Post a Comment