Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mango Guacamole

Oh how I love California Avocados. Currently, mangoes and avocados are in season (among other summer fruits and veggies). I was looking at what I had on hand to see what we were going to have for dinner. I decided to make a mango guacamole.

Mango Guacamole
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:
1/2 onion (diced)
1/2 mango (diced)
2-3 small avocados
squeeze of lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Directions: 
Chop onions, mangoes, and avocados. Place in a bowl and mix with a fork. Cut a lemon in half. Squeeze some juice from the lemon on top of the mixture. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.

Our dinner was an open-faced sandwich.

Toasted the wheat bread slightly. Spread a layer of the mango guacamole. Then I put a layer of shredded rotisserie chicken. Topped it with sliced pieces of Toscano Cheese (specifically, Toscano Cheese soaked in Syrah from Trader Joe's).

A plate of strawberries, a bowl of orange cherry tomatoes, and the rest of the cut mango complimented our meal well.

My favorite tomatoes are the orange cherry tomatoes. They are only available in the summer for a couple weeks. They are a sweeter variety than other cherry/heirloom tomatoes. I first discovered them at the farmer's market a decade ago. That and rainier cherries (the white cherries) are two of my favorite fruits in the summertime, besides strawberries of course.

I love getting a 1-lb of basket of strawberries for 88 cents!! =) love in season prices!!

Enjoy!!

*Note:
To make regular guacamole, omit the mango.
To create your own flavors add what you want! Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment