Monday, April 2, 2012

Curried Cauliflower Broth

If you want a light, nutritious soup, try this one. I made it up as I was cooking. ;)

Curried Vegetable Broth (with Fish)
Prep Time: 10 min      Cook Time: 30 min
Ingredients:
2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
1 head cauliflower (about 2 lbs, chopped)
2 tsp curry powder
pepper to taste
4 cups water
1 lb fish (cut to small pieces)
1 onion (chopped...I used leeks this time)

Directions:
Pour broth and water into a huge pot. Add cauliflower and any other veggies you wish. After the vegetables soften for about 10 minutes, you may put pieces of fish in also.

I sauteed leeks cooked in a little oil with salt/pepper to taste but I recommend chopping and caramelizing an onion.  After they soften (about 5 minutes), add it into the huge pot.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments: